I finally felt it was time for me to put my two sense into the whole Daniel Tosh and now Tyler Oakley thing. First of all, I AM NOT A FEMINIST. I never have been and I never will be. I believe that woman should be treated equal as men and I believe we should be earning the same wages and garnering the same respect and so forth. But, I do not feel the need to stereotype myself to get the feeling that I am letting my voice heard. Strong, powerful women have been letting their voices be heard in recent years and making change without being a feminists. I have nothing against feminists, it’s just not my style.
That being said, I was offended by what Daniel Tosh said. Knowing someone that was raped was traumatic for me to even hear. RAPE IS NOT FUNNY GUYS (MEN, BROS, HOME-DOGS). It is a serious issue where 95% of all rapists are males leaving the other slim margin of 5% of women attackers. What Daniel Tosh did was disgusting and unacceptable. Now, Tyler Oakley’s actions I ensure were meant to be a light-handed joke but were not taken as one. Instead they were taken in the fact of once again a rape scenario. As a women growing up in this society I am having to take precautions that my mother and grandmother didn’t have to take. It is scary. And having people in the public eye make light of it makes me angry. As a man wouldn’t you be terrified if it was the other way around. 95% of women attack men and rape them? It’s just something to keep in mind.